Preschool Parent Bootcamp
A quick and dirty guide to navigating the jungle of life before kindergartenEnroll in Course
A time will come when you will bend down to hug your sweet child before leaving them in capable hands on their first day of preschool. You might even fight back a tear or two as you recall the journey. All of the planning, school tours, website visits, expert interviews, and debates over your "must-haves" will come flooding back, and you'll quietly rejoice because you didn't have to navigate the path alone. You had The Preschool Parent Bootcamp.
The Preschool Parent Bootcamp course offers:
- The latest in preschool philosophies and learning theories
- An in-depth school tour "Look Fors" checklist
- Parent-to-School interview guidance
- A detailed guide with templates on research to application
- Multiple relevant resources to support the process
- An explanation of "kindergarten readiness"
- Video lessons with captions to support every learner
- High-quality, well-researched and sourced information
- Access to the course forever
A more informed parent becomes an even better advocate for their child.
In this course, you will:
- Learn about key preschool philosophies and how they might impact your child's development
- Reflect on your own learning experiences to develop a greater understanding of child development
- Identify what you do and do not want in a preschool setting for your child
- Determine where you intend to explore, tour, and apply for admission
- Finalize how you will make the determination between your top three school choices
Dr. Chambers is a national award-winning and board certified PK-20 career educator with teaching experience spanning primary, secondary, and higher education. She has taught K-12 English online, coordinated Title I after-school tutoring programs, served as a reading intervention teacher, helped plan & facilitate advisory programs, developed curriculum, supported teachers as an instructional coach, and served in several other leadership capacities. In addition to being named New Teacher of the Year in 2009, the National Council for Teachers of English awarded her with one of its Early Career Educator awards, and she received the Principal’s Award on her campus in 2010. Most recently, the New Leaders Council San Antonio selected her as one of its leadership fellows for 2018. Chawanna's professional experiences include curriculum development, project management, teacher supervision, instructional coaching, public speaking, board service, and administration. She currently serves as Chief Academic Officer for a public school network.